New Hope Presbyterian Church, out of gratitude for God’s love, is striving to intentionally reform lives into Christ-likeness. As stewards of God’s grace, we seek to actively love the lost and our brothers unconditionally and sacrificially, allow the Holy Spirit to use us, and show everyone how they may enjoy the gift of eternal life.
What We Believe:
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is our only rule for faith and life.
- There is one God, existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit – who are the same in substance and equal in power and glory.
- Man is a sinner who, by reason of his sin, is guilty before God and is therefore justly deserving of His eternal judgement.
- Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was born of the virgin Mary, became a man, and lived a life of sinless perfection in obedience to the will of God His Father. Jesus did everything necessary for the accomplishment of salvation by living a perfectly righteous life, dying on the cross, being raised from the dead, ascending to the right hand of the Father, pouring out his Spirit, and now living to make intercession.
- Salvation is by God’s grace alone and is received by faith in Jesus Christ. Faith in Christ results in forgiveness of sins, acceptance by God into his family, a new life of love for God and obedience to Him, and a new relationship with all other believers as brothers and sisters in the Lord.
- The return of Jesus Christ will be literal, physical, visible and will occur at the end of the age at which time there shall be a resurrection of all the dead. All people will appear before the judgement throne of Christ. All those who have trusted in Jesus for salvation shall enter into the glory of Heaven and everlasting fellowship in the presence of God. All those outside of the faith shall suffer the eternal punishment of Hell for their sins.